Author Topic: EXAMPLE: Jason R. - Third Class Power Engineer (3 exams towards second class)  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Jason R

• Administrator
    • Professional Portfolio
Welcome

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at this posting. It is mostly to serve as an example to help others be successful in marketing themselves. I am not for hire at this time.

Who am I

I am a highly skilled third-class power engineer registered with both respective safety authorities in British Columbia and Alberta. I am a graduate of BCIT's two-year Power and Process program and I volunteer for the Institute of Power Engineers Vancouver branch.

My industrial experience in the care, operation and maintenance of equipment found in large generating facilities includes the safe operation of anhydrous-ammonia gas delivery systems (including electric vapourizers), large multi-stage centrifugal pumps, large mass-flow heat exchangers and reciprocating compressors.

I strongly believe neat and orderly upkeep of a plant greatly contributes to a plant?s safety and increases the morale of the operating team. I will go out of my way to clean up unsightly trash and, with permission, repair defective equipment like gauges that no longer work properly. A broken gauge can only measure one variable; lack of care or attention.

One of my favourite activities is writing reports. In addition to my power engineering training, I have a degree in Applied Journalism. I try to create documents that are not a chore to read through and I like to include graphics, diagrams and photographs to keep a reader?s attention. I prefer to write neat and concisely, which is reflected in my easy-to-understand equipment logbook entries.

My primary duty as a power engineer is to keep people and equipment safe. I feel great when my team and I challenge ourselves, exceed expectations and see people benefiting from the work that we do.

Industrial Experience

Power Generation - 150 Megawatt generating units and 4,000-volt auxiliary systems (including DCS panel experience)

Water Treatment - Mixed-bed mineralizer water treatment plant operations, including fresh- and sea-water systems

SAGD Experience - Entry-level SAGD operations experience, including oil/water inversion separation and well-head operations

Ammonia Experience - Anhydrous ammonia storage and distribution systems for catalytic emission reduction systems.

Education

Power and Process Diploma Program, British Columbia Institute of Technology

Hazardous Materials, Operations Justice Institute of British Columbia

Fire Brigade, Advanced-Exterior Justice Institute of British Columbia

Level One First Aid Training and AED

Life-Tech Inc., WorkSafe BC

Applied Journalism Degree Program, Kwantlen Polytechnic University

Additional Certificates and Skills

Class 5 BC Drivers License   
Microsoft Office + Excel
T.D.G. + WHMIS   
Fire and Safety Inspections
Asbestos Awareness   
Issuing Safe Work Permits
Confined Space Entry   
Emergency Response

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2015, 16:14 by Jason R »
  • Certification: Second-Class, 1A1
Forum Administrator
Q: "What's it like being a forum admin?"
A: "I spend more time struggling with a system, that has had no major updates since 2004, than I do posting."

Offline skeletor

Hi,
Could you write in full words what is S.A. G.D.? I am an overseas trained PE,  in process of certification for 4 class in Manitoba. (passed 4a part),   trying to create good resume . Thanks
  • Certification: 4a

Offline Jason R

• Administrator
    • Professional Portfolio
Hi,
Could you write in full words what is S.A. G.D.? I am an overseas trained PE,  in process of certification for 4 class in Manitoba. (passed 4a part),   trying to create good resume . Thanks

Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage.

• Certification: Second-Class, 1A1
Forum Administrator
Q: "What's it like being a forum admin?"
A: "I spend more time struggling with a system, that has had no major updates since 2004, than I do posting."

Offline skeletor

Thanks a lot  :)
  • Certification: 4a