Author Topic: Workplace for Steam Time - 4th Class  (Read 1141 times)

Offline rjch88

Workplace for Steam Time - 4th Class
« on: Jan 11, 2016, 20:54 »
Where can I find a Workplace for Steam Time - 4th Class here in Edmonton.

Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Certification: 4th Class Power Engineering Student

Offline Jason R

• Administrator
    • Professional Portfolio
Re: Workplace for Steam Time - 4th Class
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2016, 11:12 »
I suggest doing a forum search of the job posting boards with the search term "Edmonton".

That should bring up a list of some of the companies looking for power engineers in the Edmonton area.

If you can impress them with your skill set, they may bring you on as a power engineer trainee so you can get your firing time.  However, we have to be honest with ourselves and admit that there's a lot of fourth- and third-class power engineers that are having a hard time finding work.

I believe that there's a lot of people who believe that all they needed was a fourth- or third-class certification to get a job. The truth is that it's an employer's market and they are going to be looking for candidates that are going to give them the best bang for their buck. It's not uncommon to see an employer hire a second-class power engineer for a third-class position.

If all else doesn't work, there's always the steam labs but in a financial sense that may put you behind rather than ahead.
  • Certification: Second-Class, 1A1
Forum Administrator
Q: "What's it like being a forum admin?"
A: "I spend more time struggling with a system, that has had no major updates since 2004, than I do posting."